A position is available for a Research Fellow to work in the areas of Computer Vision, Deep Learning and Explainable Artificial Intelligence. Applications are invited for a 9-month postdoctoral research position, funded by Innovate UK. The project is a collaboration between Yuvoh Analytics and a leading London-based University in the fields of Data Science and AI. The project will explore the use of the latest cutting-edge Computer Vision/Deep Learning approaches to interrogate Yuvoh’s extensive image repositories (property listings, aerial and satellite images) to provide step-change enhancements to their current property portfolio valuation models. The successful candidate will work with academic partners to develop an image processing pipeline as well as an explainable counterfactual framework which will aim to distill model valuations into a set of key human interpretable concepts. The output of the project will be to deliver game-changing improvements to how property portfolio valuations are performed, improving accuracy, analysis transparency and the speed with which valuations can be delivered to the client. The post is available from 1st November 2020 until 31st July 2021.
What you will be doing
- To carry out research both independently and as part of the collaborative research team with Yuvoh and its academic partners.
- Prepare and make presentations on the work to the Yuvoh teams, its academic partners and/or at major meetings and conferences, as agreed by the project leadership team.
- Write up the work, in consultation with the Principal/Co Investigator team, for journal and/or conference publications and/or reports for presentation.
- Support administration of the project, e.g. the organising of workshops, and take up other duties and tasks, such as teaching, tutorial and laboratory supervision, as may reasonably be assigned by the supervisor.
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant subject/discipline related to Data Science/AI or appropriate and equivalent professional qualification
- Specialist knowledge in the fields of Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Big data analysis.
- Good working knowledge of the Python and SQL programming languages.
- Some experience in using a version control software such as Github.
- Working knowledge of a Python deep learning framework (eg. Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras).
- Knowledge in the field of explainable AI is highly desirable.
- A record of original research of high standard related to the fields of Deep Learning or Explainable AI will be considered favourably.
Nice to Have
- Practical experience and/or have worked in industry
- European Language
- Other coding languages
Skills and Abilities
- Interest in and competence for research in the areas of Deep Learning and/or Explainable AI.
- Interest in developing good Data Science/Software development working practices that help facilitate the translation of proof of principle data science research for production optimisation and deployment.
- Provide an appropriate rationale and interest in applying for this particular post
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team of researchers and play a full part in the work of the collaborative research team.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to be successful in achieving the aims and objectives of the proposal.
- Show excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation and report-writing.
- Ability or experience working remotely.
What’s in it for you?
- You will get the autonomy to do interesting and challenging work alongside one of the most innovative companies in the UK – Yuvoh Analytics.
- We offer a competitive salary with pension contributions
- Annual Leave is 27 days, plus 8 statutory and 4 additional days during the Christmas holiday period.
- This post is full time and fixed term for 9 months with the possibility of an extension with Yuvoh Analytics if the project progresses to the next stage.
- All offers of appointment are subject to the University receiving satisfactory references and medical clearance.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover email as to why you fit the above job role to email@example.com